|By Marketwired .||
|November 5, 2012 11:15 AM EST||
SAN DIEGO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/05/12 -- Urban Mapping, the leading provider of embedded geographic technology, and Tableau Software, the global leader in rapid-fire business intelligence software, today announced enhancements to Tableau mapping capabilities at the Tableau Customer Conference in San Diego. By leveraging Mapfluence, Urban Mapping's hosted web mapping platform, Tableau customers can now enhance their mapping and visualization capabilities through the use of Urban Mapping's rich catalog of on-demand data and services.
As Tableau's official mapping partner, Urban Mapping has also launched a microsite to help Tableau customers understand how they can start using this integrated data, today. Interested customers can learn more at http://hackyourmap.com/.
Because Mapfluence has native access to Tableau via open web standards, it offers higher performance, reliability and breadth of services over legacy mapping technologies. Specific capabilities of Mapfluence when accessed through Tableau products include:
- Overlay high resolution satellite and aerial imagery
- Access 10,000 variables to overlay from the Mapfluence On-demand Data Catalog
- Host proprietary customer data in Mapfluence for easy visualization in Tableau
- Create additional map styles including heat maps, raster data, great arcs
- Address-level geocoding
- Custom-styled base maps
- Sales territory definition and management
- Custom data sourcing
- Advanced spatial queries and geographic operations
"Our customers have stringent requirements for mapping needs, and partnering with Urban Mapping allows us to leverage their experience in cartography and data sourcing," commented Dan Jewett, Vice President Product at Tableau. "We're thrilled to have Urban Mapping deliver value-added capabilities to our customer base, as they share our vision for delighting users and satisfying customer needs."
"This relationship allows us to more closely align with the Tableau ecosystem and cater to the specific mapping needs of their customer base," commented Urban Mapping CEO Ian White. "Because Mapfluence was intended as an embedded technology, there is seamless integration with customers across a broad collection of functions and industries."
About Urban Mapping
Urban Mapping, Inc. (UMI) provides geospatial web and data services to simplify the development and deployment of online mapping and data visualization applications. UMI's Mapfluence service provides embedded geographic technology, offering solid technical infrastructure for mapping, custom cartography and the industry's most comprehensive on-demand data catalog. Since 2006, leading interactive publishers like Google, Yahoo! and Microsoft, and leading enterprises like CoStar Group, Tableau Software and CoreLogic have utilized Urban Mapping's geospatial data and technology. For more information, please visit www.urbanmapping.com.
About Tableau Software
Tableau Software helps people see and understand data. Ranked by Gartner and IDC in 2011 as the world's fastest growing business intelligence company, Tableau helps anyone quickly analyze, visualize and share information. More than 9,000 companies get rapid results with Tableau in the office and on-the-go. And tens of thousands of people use Tableau Public to share data in their blogs and websites. See how Tableau can help you by downloading the free trial at www.tableausoftware.com/trial.
Tableau is a trademark of Tableau Software, Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of the respective companies with which they are associated.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict