|By PR Newswire||
|November 5, 2012 07:00 AM EST||
AUSTIN, Texas, Nov. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- RetailMeNot (www.retailmenot.com), the largest online coupon site in the United States, today announced the biggest upgrade yet to its website, making it easier than ever for consumers to save.
The newly retooled RetailMeNot.com includes a series of improved features that help better showcase top coupons from tens of thousands of merchants and provide a more relevant search experience for consumers.
"We continue to work to provide a better experience for millions of deal seekers looking to buy the things they want and need," said Cotter Cunningham, the CEO and founder of WhaleShark Media, Inc., the operator of RetailMeNot.com. "New website features, such as direct navigation to more than 1,500 in-store coupons and thousands of free-shipping offers, improved search functionality and a more relevant store-recommendation engine will also help merchants increase their sales."
RetailMeNot.com continues to provide consumers access to more than 500,000 coupons from stores they shop every day. More than a third of the coupons on RetailMeNot.com continue to be contributed by tens of thousands of community members, and a global team works 24/7 to ensure consumers have the best possible experience while shopping with coupons available on RetailMeNot.com.
As a part of the website's upgrade, new site features include:
- Improved product and category search functionality that enables consumers to more easily find coupons for items they want by searching by product or product type, such as searching for "laptops" or looking for coupons within the electronics category
- Direct navigation to free shipping offers that provide consumers access to thousands of deals to help them save money on their online orders by eliminating shipping charges
- In-store savings with printable coupons, which makes saving money at retailers' brick-and-mortar locations as easy as saving money via their online store
- Featured Home Page coupons highlighting the best in-store offers and online coupons every day
- Improved relevancy for store recommendations powered by newly built Hadoop- and Hive-supported data warehouse functionality that will enable future personalization development on RetailMeNot.com
"This latest round of updates to RetailMeNot.com kicks off what will be a significant period of innovation where we will introduce new tools and services to make it easier than ever for consumers to save money," said Jag Bath, the senior vice president of product for WhaleShark Media, Inc., the operator of RetailMeNot.com. "After significant usability research and extremely positive early traffic and conversion results, we believe that the new RetailMeNot.com provides consumers with the best free coupon resource online today."
RetailMeNot.com (www.retailmenot.com) is the leading consumer destination for collaborative online coupon, deal and promotional code hunting and sharing. Our mission is to help consumers save money and enjoy a hassle-free discount shopping experience. Since November 2006, our users have shared hundreds of thousands of deals and offers from retailers from across the globe. Online coupons are rated and ranked by users, ensuring that quality deals rise to the top and expired coupons drop down the list. RetailMeNot.com is operated by WhaleShark Media, Inc., the world's leading marketplace for online coupons and deals.
Shopping on the go? Download the RetailMeNot Coupons App for iPhone and Android phones to access Hot Deals, browse top coupons, popular stores and categories and get thousands of online and in-store coupons to shop when you want, where you want. Make sure to "like" RetailMeNot.com on Facebook, follow the company via Twitter @retailmenot and add us on Google+.
About WhaleShark Media, Inc.
WhaleShark Media, Inc. (www.whalesharkmedia.com) is the world's leading marketplace for online coupons and deals. The company's websites enable consumers seeking to save money to find hundreds of thousands of offers from retailers across the globe. WhaleShark Media experiences more than 400 million consumer visits to its sites every year. The WhaleShark Media portfolio of coupon and deal websites includes www.RetailMeNot.com, the largest online coupon site in the United States; www.VoucherCodes.co.uk, the largest online coupon site in the United Kingdom; www.Deals.com in Germany; web.Bons-de-Reduction.com and www.Poulpeo.com in France; www.Deals2Buy.com; www.CouponSeven.com; and www.CouponShare.com. WhaleShark Media is a fast-growing, profitable company funded by venture capital firms Austin Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Adams Street Partners, Google Ventures, J.P. Morgan Asset Management and Institutional Venture Partners (IVP).
WhaleShark Media (operator of RetailMeNot.com)
+1 512 777 2957
WhaleShark Media (operator of RetailMeNot.com)
+1 832 398 5792
Allison+Partners Public Relation
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict