|By PR Newswire||
|November 5, 2012 12:01 AM EST||
SANTA CLARA, Calif., Nov. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Over 240 Korean companies, entrepreneurs and Global IT leaders will be on hand at the K-TECH Silicon Valley 2012 Conference & Expo ready to actively pursue new business, recruit new talent and showcase the latest technology from Korea.
According to Cologne Institute, South Korea ranks third in the world's technological innovation with 40% of its total trade volume made up of IT products and components. Adding to its success, the March 2012 signing of the landmark Free Trade Agreement "KOR-US FTA," will greatly expand trade relations between Korea and the US. The substance of trade is evolving from manufactured goods to include a much more diverse exchange of software, technology, talent, and investment.
This first ever K-TECH Conference will feature thought leaders and speakers from Korea and the US focusing on the theme: "The Future of IT Convergence and How its Changing the Way We Live and Work". The conference strives to help facilitate the creation of explosive growth by addressing the opportunities in the Global IT Convergence sector to create exponential job and economic growth in both the US and Korea. Speakers include executives and IT experts from LG, Google, Hyundai, SK Telecom, Microsoft, Applied Materials, Chargepoint, OnRamp, Lark and more.
According to SukWoo Hong, Minister of Knowledge Economy of Republic of Korea, "K-Tech 2012 will be a launching pad for fueling the exchange of talent, technology, ideas, and building stronger business cooperation and partnerships between the US and Korea to further economic growth in Silicon Valley."
K-TECH Silicon Valley 2012 Highlights
2-day event will feature diverse programs including a full day of conference, Technology Showcase, IT Expo and Business meetings, Startup Pitch, and Job Fair
- Full day conference on Future of IT Convergence and how it impacts Auto, Energy, and Healthcare industries
- IT Expo – 40 IT companies from Korea will exhibit their products and services to over 100 potential partners, investors, and buyers.
- Job Fair – Korean companies including Samsung, LG, SK hynix, and Hyundai Motors will be seeking 300 plus global talents with their HR executives on site to interview potential candidates.
- Technology Showcase – Korea's leading research institutions on IT and IT convergence, ETRI, KITECH, and KETI, will showcase their latest research findings and technology innovation.
- Startup Pitch – 20 pre-selected start-ups from Korea will demo their products and services to Silicon Valley's leading investors
The Santa Clara Marriott Hotel, 2700 Mission College Blvd., Santa Clara, CA 95054
Event website: www.k-tech.org
About K-Tech Silicon Valley
K-Tech Silicon Valley 2012 is the first premier technology conference organized by the Ministry of Knowledge Economy of the Republic of Korea (MKE), in partnership with Korea Trade-Investment Promotion Agency (KOTRA) and National IT Industry Promotion Agency (NIPA) that will provide a platform for over 700 Korean and US IT experts and entrepreneurs to demonstrate its recent advancements in IT Convergence. By leveraging Korea's competitive labor force, productivity, and advanced IT infrastructure, Korean firms hope to form stronger partnerships throughout the value chain, broaden distribution and accelerate innovation. K-Tech's platform creates a unique opportunity to meet over 90 IT companies from South Korea and to preview the latest IT convergence ideas and products from major IT companies such as Samsung, LG, and others. Visit www.k-tech.org for more information.
SOURCE K-Tech Silicon Valley 2012
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict