|By PR Newswire||
|November 2, 2012 05:28 PM EDT||
COLD SPRING, N.Y., Nov. 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- TeleMedTM™ announces the launch of TeleMedTM Psychiatry™, a first-of-its-kind telepsychiatry solution designed to give mental health providers and patients scheduled access to one another through secure online video therapy, regardless of location. TeleMedTM was developed by Aurora Information Technology, Inc., a widely-regarded medical website design and medical marketing company located in Cold Spring, NY, just north of New York City.
Fully supported by the American Psychiatric Association, telepsychiatry is a trusted channel for delivering psychiatric support including diagnosis, ongoing therapy, and prescription management. In remote regions of the world, telemedicine is highly successful in long-distance medical care and preventative services. TeleMedTM Psychiatry achieves seamless connectivity with Apple and PC-Microsoft operating systems. For doctors and patients on the go, the Google Chromebook by Samsung is a perfect, private portal for separating TeleMedTM Psychiatry from personal computer usage.
Domestically, online psychiatric care has tremendous potential in forensic psychology, Veteran and military counseling, inmate therapy, drug and alcohol counseling, and for those who are homebound or in assisted living care. But until recently there was no way for providers to ensure full HIPAA-compliant security measures while conducting online talk therapy with mainstream patients.
Doctors love it, patients need it.
Daniel Gilbert, CEO and President of TeleMedTM eases entry to this in-demand medical service. "For years our clients have been eager to embrace online video sessions for medicine and psychiatry, but the cost of entry has been prohibitive and the security unreliable. We're giving doctors a custom, easy, and affordable tool that securely connects them to patients with the click of a button."
The benefits of TeleMedTM Psychiatry are numerous. The guesswork is gone, as are the expensive proprietary hardware and time consuming setup procedures historically required for a practice to get this kind of service off the ground. TeleMedTM Psychiatry provides an all-inclusive option for practices of all sizes, ensuring the utmost professional and private care.
"Patients can't wait for their psychiatrists to offer online therapy," stresses Gilbert. "TeleMedTM Psychiatry cuts the hassle for them, too – no driving, no waiting rooms; it's all in the privacy and convenience of their home or closed-door office. Best of all, it's simple and intuitive. All it takes to get started is a webcam and broadband Internet access."
Video sessions eliminate all barriers to consistent, quality mental healthcare and they give patients access to top medical professionals regardless of where they live. "The idea that patients can simply log in, pick an appointment time, pay, and chat is very appealing to them," adds Gilbert. "Especially for those in rural or remote areas where immediate access to quality care may be lacking."
Doctors: Meet TeleMedTM Psychiatry
With your current webcam and broadband Internet connection, TeleMedTM Psychiatry will have your online psychiatry practice up and running with confirmed patient appointments.
TeleMedTM Psychiatry has unmatched affordability with plans starting at just $179.95/month, including:
- Face-to-face video sessions for instant provider-patient connectivity from anywhere
- One-click secure session recording, fully encrypted treatment notes, and exportable patient data
- Provider-controlled online "office" hours for self-scheduling by patients
- Free customized website to promote your new online video sessions
- Secure dashboard for behind-the-scenes appointment management and reminders
- Automatic patient credit card billing and direct deposit to your account
TeleMedTM Psychiatry is easy to set up and the demand is so great that return on investment is practically immediate. "Patient referrals and more profitable encounters with existing patients are just the beginning," stated Gilbert, "With TeleMedTM Psychiatry, providers can grow their practice without adding overhead. In fact, our clients are looking forward to decreasing overhead – and stress – by trading office time for online time in the comfort of their homes."
Americans depend on the web for almost all daily activities – working, banking, shopping, and socializing. We're entering a time when doing things offline is a costly waste of time or, at the very least, a nuisance. But that doesn't mean consumers or patients are willing to sacrifice quality. "That's where TeleMedTM Psychiatry shines," Gilbert said. "We have the solution for putting top psychiatrists in contact with patients who demand, and pay for, the best care."
TeleMedTM will soon launch online practice platforms tailored to other medical specialties, and will also make their products available in other countries and languages. For more information about how quickly and efficiently you can establish your online telepsychiatry practice, contact a representative at 888-503-3009 or visit www.telepsychtm.com.
TeleMedTM Psychiatry by TeleMedTM
Aurora Information Technology, Inc.
American Psychiatric Association
Google Chromebook by Samsung
Daniel J. Gilbert
Chief Executive Officer and President
35 Chestnut Street
Cold Spring, New York 10516
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict