|By Business Wire||
|November 2, 2012 02:25 PM EDT||
In a late October poll of more than 225 self-directed investors by TradeKing Group, Inc., 47 percent said a win by Governor Romney would make them “more bullish” on the market, while only 20 percent said a win by President Obama would make them “more bullish.”
While President Obama’s October numbers improved slightly on this question from the January and July TradeKing surveys, more than twice as many respondents expressed they would be bullish on the market under a Romney presidency. Interestingly, in a TradeKing survey conducted just a year ago in the midst of the GOP primary race, investors were asked to pick which Republican candidate running for president would be most effective in moving the economy forward. In that survey, Governor Romney received only 16 percent of responses. October 2011 TradeKing Survey Results
The October 2012 survey also revealed that the majority of investors are taking a neutral position on the market through the end of the year, watching for results from the U.S. election, quarterly earnings, and international markets, among other indicators.
The in-house survey was conducted October 25-31st, 2012 by TradeKing Group, Inc., parent of online brokers TradeKing (www.tradeking.com) and Zecco Trading (www.zecco.com), via email to 8,000+ clients, with an estimated 95 percent confidence level.
Key Highlights from the Survey
Overall Market Sentiment: Taking a Wait and See Position
- Fifty-three percent of investors surveyed said they are taking a “neutral” position on the market over the next three months, up from 51 percent in July and 47 percent in January.
- Twenty-four percent of investors described themselves as “bullish” over the next three months, up four points from July but still well below January’s high of 41 percent. Twenty-three percent described themselves as “bearish” over the next three months, down five points from July but up from January’s low of 12 percent.
- Investor reaction was mixed when it came to the Federal Reserve’s stance on interest rates. When asked “Are the Federal Reserve's policies regarding interest rates helping to keep you in the market at this time?” 43 percent said “no,” 35 percent said “yes,” and 22 percent said they were “unsure.”
Post-Election Sentiment Projections
- Forty-seven percent said they would be “more bullish” on the market with a Romney win, 18 percent said they would be “more bearish” and 35 percent said their sentiment would be “unchanged.”
- Twenty percent of respondents said they would be “more bullish” on the market with an Obama re-election, 39 percent said they would be “more bearish” and 41 percent said their market sentiment would be “unchanged.”
Top Trading Triggers and Sectors
- Investors ranked quarterly earnings, international economic markets and the U.S. elections as their top trading triggers for the next three months.
- When asked to pick the favored sectors for the next three months from a “long” position, energy, healthcare and technology took the top spots. This quarter, respondents picked the retail, international and transportation/travel sectors as having the most potential from a “short” position.
About TradeKing Group, Inc.
TradeKing Group, Inc. (www.tradeking.com and www.zecco.com) consists of several affiliated companies that provide online brokerage services, social communities for investors, investor education and more.
Follow TradeKing on Twitter at http://twitter.com/TradeKing,
Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/tradeking,
YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/tradeking,
LinkedIn at http://www.linkedin.com/company/tradeking,
Google+ at https://plus.google.com/+tradeking/posts.
Online trading has inherent risks due to system response and access times that vary due to market conditions, system performance and other factors. An investor should understand these and additional risks before trading.
TradeKing provides self-directed investors with discount brokerage services, and does not make recommendations or offer investment, financial, legal or tax advice. The content of this press release is provided for educational and informational purposes only, does not constitute a recommendation to enter in any of the securities transactions or to engage in any of the investment strategies presented herein, and does not represent the opinions of TradeKing or its employees.
Content, research, tools, and stock or option symbols are for educational and illustrative purposes only and do not imply a recommendation or solicitation to buy or sell a particular security or to engage in any particular investment strategy. The projections or other information regarding the likelihood of various investment outcomes are hypothetical in nature, are not guaranteed for accuracy or completeness, do not reflect actual investment results and are not guarantees of future results.
Zecco Holdings is a wholly owned subsidiary of TradeKing Group, Inc. and provides access to Zecco Trading and Zecco Forex’s trading service. TradeKing Group, Inc is not a broker/dealer.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict