|By RealWire News Distribution||
|October 31, 2012 06:56 PM EDT||
Google's Senior Business Product Manager Matt Frost to host and chair key event alongside Chrome Video Technology Product Manager, John Luther
London, 31 October 2012 - As trends in browser adoption evolve, companies are under increasing pressure to embrace the latest web standards and start building richer web experiences that take advantage of the capabilities supported by modern browsers. This provides the focal point of the HTML5 Workshop at this year's OTTtv World Summit, which is set to be hosted and chaired by Matt Frost, Senior Business Product Manager at Google.
With nearly 75% of end users in North America, and 83% in Europe, running browsers that support a large segment of the HTML5 feature set*, the growing market penetration of HTML5 is rapidly on the rise. This is further demonstrated in the number of HTML5-compatible browsers that grew from 57% to 75% between the second quarter of 2011 and the second quarter of 2012*.
The pace of innovation has also increased alongside this tremendous growth in modern browser adoption. New standards are being drafted, matured, and are gaining adoption much faster than in the past and as such OTT players, broadcasters and browser vendors are adjusting their management strategies.
Mr Frost's exclusive presentation at the HTML5 Workshop will explore how those within the OTT ecosystem can maximise future opportunities, focussing on the role of adaptive streaming, the challenges of content protection and the future of MPEG DASH. He will also give delegates a unique insight into where Google intends to go with the future of online video, while assessing the major changes of online content distributors and how HTML5 will create a fundamental shift in the industry.
Mr Frost comments: "I'm very much looking forward to presenting at the OTTtv World Summit in London next month. It is a great opportunity to share our observations about recent developments with and the future of HTML5."
John Luther, Product Manager, Chrome Video Technology will join Mr Frost and together they will examine how Google's approach to HTML5 will solve many of the problems content owners currently face, with its evolution in the Chrome platform creating major opportunities.
The HTML5 Workshop will take place on Monday 5 November, commencing at 16:00hrs. To view the full agenda please go to http://ottworldsummit.com/html5-workshop-run-by-google/.
OTTtv World Summit will be located at the Thistle Marble Arch Hotel, London, on 5 - 8 November 2012. To view the full event programme and register for OTTtv World Summit, please visit http://ottworldsummit.com or call +44 (0) 20 7017 5506. Alternatively, keep up to date with event news on Twitter @OTTTV.
Note to Editors
About the OTTtv World Summit
Building on the success of 2011, the OTTtv World Summit returns for a fourth year. This event continues to build and last year attracted 380 attendees with a 54% CEO/Director level presence. It continues to be the dominant event globally on OTT, attracting the innovators and thought leaders who are driving the industry forward. For further information on the OTTtv World Summit or to register to attend, go to http://ottworldsummit.com/
About Informa Telecoms & Media
Informa Telecoms and Media (www.informatandm.com) organises 125 global annual events, attended by more than 70,000 executives worldwide. With a focus on quality content, Informa Telecoms and Media deliver a key audience of decision-makers from the mobile, fixed, alternative, wholesale, MVNO, broadband and satellite operator communities. Informa Telecoms and Media is also the leading provider of business intelligence and strategic services to the global telecoms and media markets. Driven by constant first-hand contact with the industry, its 90 analysts and researchers produce a range of intelligence services including news and analytical products, in depth market reports and datasets focussed on technology, strategy and content.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict