|By Bob Gourley||
|October 23, 2012 03:38 PM EDT||
- Amazon had a big outage in North Virginia on the 22nd - This outage affected Reddit, Pinterest, Airbnb, Foursquare, Minecraft and more. As we rely more on the cloud to deliver services, then we will have to find ways around outages such as this one. Amazon is an incredibly resilient infrastructure, but even they have issues. Via TechCrunch, more here.
- Ars Technica has an in-depth look here at Windows RT - Windows 8/RT will be their best shot at coming close to creating an ecosystem to rival Apple’s, Google’s or even that of Amazon. It is no surprise that Apple is releasing details of their iPad Mini this week, or that Google will have a huge event next week. Microsoft is making their last powerplay, and a lot of it rests on Windows 8/RT. Via Ars Technica, more here.
- CloudLock aims to protect Google Apps from rogue apps - Google Apps is a killer product that makes Chrome OS possible. CloudLock offers PCI scanning for Google Apps as well as a firewall to help control what information is shared with third-party applications. Via GigaOM, more here.
- Yahoo! is a firm we rarely even consider anymore - yet with their new change in management, they could yet again become a factor. Here are 5 ways that Marissa Mayer plans to change the search giant. Via PaidContent.org, more here.
- Apple’s event today is many new Mac computers and a new iPad Mini - As Mac is attempting to move into a more enterprise friendly environment, they continue to increase the capabilities of their stable of desktops. They’ve also refreshed the iPad and added a new iPad Mini. Interesting (but not surprising) is the removal of an optical disk in the iMac. Apple is hoping you will purchase any (and all) software via the Apple Store, thus you do not need an optical disk. Via TechCrunch, more here.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict