|By Business Wire||
|August 29, 2012 04:53 PM EDT||
The Pac-12 Networks, a sports entertainment network built from the ground up for integrated broadcast and broadband entertainment, today released Pac-12 Now for iPad, the ultimate interactive fan experience for followers of college sports. Developed in collaboration with Ooyala, Pac-12 Now for iPad is the newest in a series of web, iOS and Android experiences that bring fans complete access to a rich catalog of live and video on demand (VOD) programming, games, scores, interviews and more from around the Pac-12 Conference. It is available immediately in the iTunes Store and on Pac-12.com.
Interactive Programming Guide (Photo: Business Wire)
As the first live television network conceived from day one as a multi-screen interactive fan experience, the Pac-12 Networks selected Ooyala to help create a unified digital broadcasting studio that provides unlimited capacity for streaming content across an unrestricted range of devices. As a result, the Pac-12 Networks can offer subscribers of its affiliate partners PC, tablet and smartphone access to 850 live and on-demand sporting events, analysis and commentary, statistics, press conferences, documentaries and other content that extends dramatically beyond the programming available through the telecast alone.
“Pac-12 Now is game changer in our ability to deliver our content to millions of fans,” said Gary Stevenson, President of Pac-12 Enterprises. “Today we are one step closer to achieving our goal of connecting fans with our live programming and feature content when and where they choose to access it.”
To cater viewing to each individual, the Pac-12 Networks leveraged Ooyala’s strength in innovation and analytics to develop a graphic interactive programming guide (IPG) that is more like a map of what’s important to the viewer rather than a traditional grid-formatted guide. In addition to prioritizing teams and sports preferred by the viewer as indicated during set-up, future versions of the IPG will highlight events that are currently live, games that are tied or nearing a close finish, and games trending in a viewer’s social graph. Additionally, fans can chat and share their viewing experience with friends through Facebook and Twitter feeds optionally presented adjacent to the video display.
“The result of our work with the Pac-12 Networks is a multi-screen fan experience that changes the way sports are watched,” said Jay Fulcher, chief executive officer of Ooyala. “The web and iPad experiences blur the line between broadband and traditional broadcasts, and are hallmarks of a new way of distributing entertainment - in this case sports - reaching digital consumers on their schedule, on their preferred screen and with a more engaging experience. The result is a win for everyone involved – the fans, the Pac-12 and their participating broadcast affiliates.”
To enable the Pac-12 Now experience across all devices, the Pac-12 Networks tapped Ooyala to develop a comprehensive range of digital broadcasting technologies and services, including:
- Interactive Programming Guide: Automatically retrieving schedule information via a templatized traffic and automation system connector; associating highlights, condensed games and press interviews with the original airing of a live event for easier discovery of content for any sporting event; and a flexible set of APIs which enable the creation of different IPGs containing both live and VOD content
- Stats Server: Automatically importing sports statistics and timecode data from third parties and associating data with live and VOD content. This ensures all content is easily discoverable by stats or event tags, and enables time-synchronized display of sports stats data in line with when the events occur -- whether in VOD or live content
- Adobe Pass Implementation: managing entitlements and authentication across multiple MSO’s in a single interface so viewers can easily view content on any web-connected device
About Pac-12 Enterprises
Pac-12 Enterprises is the new content and multiplatform media company for the Pac-12 Conference, a leader in collegiate athletics that includes 12 of the most prestigious universities in the world and a nation-leading 451 NCAA titles across 27 sports. Headquartered in San Francisco, Pac-12 Enterprises was created in 2011 to develop and launch the Pac-12 Networks and Pac-12 Digital, and to control the distribution of the Pac-12 intellectual property rights in sports and other Conference initiatives. The Pac-12 Networks are full-time native HD linear networks available to video programming operators, dedicated solely to the Pac-12. Consisting of a national network and six regional feeds, the Pac-12 Networks will televise hundreds of live sporting events annually and provide 24/7 access to Pac-12 teams and universities. Pac-12 Digital encompasses the digital network, mobile, the university websites, social media and innovative digital initiatives across the company. For more information visit www.pac-12.com.
Ooyala delivers personalized video experiences across all screens. It is the leader in online video management, publishing, analytics and monetization. Its integrated suite of technologies and services give content owners the power to expand audiences through deep insights that drive increased viewer engagement and revenue from video. Companies using Ooyala technology include ESPN, Telegraph Media Group, Bloomberg, Tennis Australia, The North Face, Rolling Stone, Dell, Sephora and Yahoo! Japan. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, Ooyala has offices in Los Angeles, New York City, London, Sydney and Guadalajara, Mexico; and the company works with premier reseller and technology partners throughout the Americas, Europe, Africa, Japan and the Asia-Pacific region. For more information visit www.ooyala.com.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50391853&lang=en
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict