|By Bob Gourley||
|August 7, 2012 05:30 PM EDT||
Here is our wrap-up of the top technology stories of the day.
- Steve Wozniak, Apple co-founder, believes that cloud storage will lead to “horrible problems” in the future. He said that “With the cloud, you don’t own anything. You already signed it away.” While there are concerns with cloud, they can be mitigated and mediated. Via Fierce CIO, more here.
- Samsung was chastised by Judge Koh after accusing Apple of tampering with evidence. It is almost sad to bring up more information from this trial, but it is important to keep track of it. Via The Verge, more here.
- 20,000 AT&T workers are said to begin strike soon. These workers are wireline workers in CA, NV and CT. A prolonged strike could damage AT&T and their ability to compete. Via LA Times, more here.
- 9to5 Mac believes that iOS 6 will have a native resolution of 640 x 1136. As the rumors swirl before next month’s event, it seems that iOS 6 will be giving us some hints for the next iPhone’s specifications. Via 9to5 Mac, more here.
- XMBC will be on the upcoming Android gaming console Ouya. I was leaning to buying an Ouya anyways, and there is even more reason to purchase it now. The real question will be if the Ouya can replace the Google TV in my living room. Via Ars Technica, more here.
- More details on the Apple/Gizmodo hack have been released. Via Gizmodo, here. Amazon reports via their twitter that they have solved it. TechCrunch takes a look at it, here.
- The Toshiba Thrive 10″ tablet is receiving an update to Android 4.0.4, and it is on sale for just $199 today on 1SaleADay.com.
- Apparently some users are reporting less battery life after the upgrade to Mountain Lion. Apple is investigating this (which clearly is upsetting many consumers). Via ComputerWorld, more here.
- If you are a rooted user (but not on Jelly Bean yet), check out Google Now as a flashable zip. Via Droid-Life, more here.
- There is a new report out that discusses the conditions of child labor in Samsung plants. It is a chilling report. Via Gizmodo, more here.
- The Korean Advanced Institute of Science and Technology has created a flexible lithium-ion battery that can bend and warp. This combined with a flexible AMOLED display could revolutionize smartphones. Via Phandroid, more here.
- Paul Miller over at The Verge has a great article called, “Desktop 2.0 and the future of the networked operating system.” Full story here.
- Apparently Apple is claiming that is “Overall Design”…”Not the details.” This appears to be the crux of their case. More here.
- Here is an in-depth look at Apple’s $75,000 man, expert witness Peter Bressler. Via TechCrunch, more here.
- Wozniak: ‘I really worry about everything going to the cloud’ (zdnet.com)
- IonGrid: the only enterprise iPad software platform that solves for usability and security compliance (ctolabs.com)
- The Seven Properties of Network Virtualization (ctovision.com)
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict