|By Keith Mayer||
|July 18, 2012 10:42 AM EDT||
The Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) on Windows Server 2012 is intended to certify individuals that have the primary set of Windows Server skills that are relevant across multiple solution areas in a business environment. This certification also serves as a prerequisite for earning the Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) on Server Infrastructure.
To achieve the MCSA: Windows Server 2012 credential, individuals must pass the following three exams:
- Exam 410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012
- Exam 411: Administering Windows Server 2012
- Exam 412: Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services
As I previously blogged, the Beta for Exam 410 was released in June for scheduling at Prometric testing sites in the US. As of today, the Betas for Exams 411 and 412 are also now available! Note that the Beta Exams cost the same amount as the regular exams unless you are individually invited by Microsoft Learning to be a Beta Exam Tester. If interested, you can also sign up to be considered as an individual Beta Exam Tester for future exams.
Be one of the first to get certified as an MCSA: Windows Server 2012
To schedule your exams, visit the Prometric exam testing site online. During the Beta exam period, these exams will be listed with an "071" prefix (ie., 071-410, 071-411 and 071-412) when selecting your exam(s).
OK - I'm thinking about scheduling my Beta exams ... But, how do I prepare?
Get started prepping for the Windows Server 2012 exams using these early resources below. I've found this approach to be very useful personally when I am prepping for new exams:
- Download the Windows Server 2012 Release Candidate installation bits.
The ONLY way you are really going to deeply learn a new product is by spending some time pushing and prodding it, so this is a great first step to get started!
- Build your own Windows Server 2012 Lab environment in your shop or in the cloud for FREE.
After downloading the installation bits, use them to build out your own live lab environment. Online hands-on labs are great, and I reference them below, but nothing beats an open lab environment like this for being able to test and replicate your knowledge on the real product.
- Learn What's New in Windows Server 2012 by Attending the FREE Online Technical Jump Start Course (Level 200)
Alternatively, check with your local Microsoft Learning partners to see if they will be offering the FREE in-person First Look Clinic and Hands-on Lab sessions for Windows Server 2012.
- Deepen your knowledge in the new Windows Server 2012 Roles and Features with these Tech Ed 2012 Breakout Sessions (Level 300 & 400)
Don't have a myTechEd login ID yet? You can also register for FREE using the link above!
- Get a Guided Hands-On Exploration of Windows Server 2012 with these FREE Tech Ed Online Hands-on Labs
TIP: After exploring each online Hands-on Lab, try to replicate the steps you've learned in your own lab environment that you built in Step 2 above. This will help to ensure you've mastered these steps without the "training wheels" on. ;-)
- Review the Exam links above for the "Skills Measured" by each exam
Identify the specific skill areas in which you still have knowledge gaps and need some more prep.
- Use the TechNet Technical Library for Windows Server 2012 to target knowledge gaps
The TechNet Technical Library is a great resource for getting that last bit of technical detail that you need for success on each Exam.
Between now and the end of September, additional Microsoft Learning courses will be released and I'll also be releasing exam study guides for each of these exams that will be similar to my past exam study guides. However, I think you'll find that the early resources above will serve you well in initially prepping for the new Windows Server 2012 beta exams.
Be sure to follow me on Twitter to be alerted to these new resources when they are available!
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict