|By Marketwired .||
|June 28, 2012 11:00 AM EDT||
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 06/28/12 -- GOOGLE I/O -- Dolphin Browser, the most popular third-party browser on Android and iOS and only Gesture and Voice enabled browser, today announced the launch of Dolphin Garage, which opens the Dolphin Browser API to allow for third-party development. Dolphin also announced four new Add-ons from Dropbox, Pocket, Evernote and Wikipedia that show off Dolphin Garage's powerful capabilities. In addition, Dolphin Garage also supports Web apps based on Adobe's PhoneGap, which enable faster HTML5 Web app deployment.
Dolphin Garage gives developers access to more than 150 Dolphin internal APIs including various browser user interface interactions, while also providing a runtime sandbox environment to allow developers to create their own experiences within Dolphin Browser.
Powered by Dolphin Garage, users can now seamlessly experience the following on Dolphin:
- Dropbox: allows users to download anything and everything directly to Dropbox from within Dolphin.
- Evernote: helps users to grab any Web content from Dolphin and save it to Evernote.
- Pocket: allows users to save any page with one click from within Dolphin, then view later on any device, anywhere.
- Wikipedia: powered by PhoneGap, allows users to search Wikipedia from Dolphin and open its 20 million Wiki articles in 280 languages, without needing to install a native app.
"Dolphin Browser already contains 50 plus Add-ons that have been installed over 14 million times," said Yongzhi Yang, CEO. "Dolphin Garage empowers even more developers to build any Add-on or PhoneGap-based Web app they want and exposes those apps to our over 16 million users."
The Dolphin team will be demoing Dolphin Garage and the new Add-ons today from 3-5pm PT at San Francisco's Moscone Center South - Room 200. To learn more about Dolphin Garage, go to http://dev.dolphin-browser.com/
Dolphin is the most popular third-party browser on Android and iOS and only Gesture and Voice enabled browser available today. Developed by MoboTap, a mobile technology company committed to improving the way people experience the mobile Web through their smartphone devices, Dolphin has been downloaded over 16 million times across Android and iOS phones and tablets. MoboTap is led by an international team of proven engineers and entrepreneurs and is backed by leading venture capitalist firm Sequoia Capital.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict