|By Elizabeth White||
|May 3, 2012 04:00 AM EDT||
"As the demand for our solution has grown, bringing it to the cloud makes it accessible for all organizations, large or small, on a flexible, as-needed basis," said Jonas Jacobi, co-founder and CEO of Kaazing, as Kaazing today announced that its enterprise-class HTML5 WebSocket Platform is now available as a service on Amazon EC2 (Elastic Compute Cloud).
"Our solution has already been adopted by a variety of large enterprises to develop and deploy living web applications and realize all the benefits that come with the platform," Jacobi added. The Kaazing Platform, he explained, enables real-time web communications over an “open full-duplex pipe” - a dramatic change compared to the legacy architecture that has been the foundation of all Web communications since the early 1990s.
"WebSockets upgrade the web architecture to one that works like a telephone with direct connections, rather than a telegraph system that requires a 'request and response' on each end," Jacobi noted.
"Moreover," he continued, "because Kaazing’s founding team contributed the groundbreaking HTML5 WebSocket protocol design that makes a fully connected Web possible, the Kaazing platform leverages that expertise and goes well beyond the standard’s basic capabilities."
According to Jacobi, the core benefits of using the Kaazing platform, in the cloud or otherwise, are secure and scalable, real-time web communications without the dollar- and bandwidth-cost of the infrastructure that has previously been needed to even approach live and interactive Web solutions. Today, Kaazing is being used in many industries where high-performance web communications are critical, including financial services, retail, gaming and entertainment, transportation, and mobile. Representative customers are BSkyB, Cantor Fitzgerald, ITRS, Southwest Airlines, and The Limited.
The Kaazing WebSocket Gateway HTML5 Edition is now available globally in Amazon's seven regions as EC2 DevPay AMIs.
"Kaazing in the cloud delivers very high performance, cost-effective messaging from the backend, over the Web, to any desktop and mobile devices – regardless of the browser being used," said Jacobi. He added that customers can be up and running quickly and easily, while retaining complete control of security and the environment.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict