|By PR Newswire||
|April 13, 2012 09:30 AM EDT||
BOSTON, April 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Forum Corp., a leadership development corporation, has released its new e-book "Leadership Failures Sink Unsinkable Ship: Business Lessons from the Titanic," written by Jocelyn R. Davis, Forum's executive vice president, Research and Development. Coinciding with the centennial of the sinking of the Titanic, which occurred April 15, 1912, the e-book uses Forum's research to examine what leaders did wrong on the Titanic and the would-be rescue ship Californian.
The e-book also studies what leaders did right on the Carpathia, another nearby ship that saved more than 700 people from the disaster. The same lessons, which involve acting with clarity, unity and agility, can be applied to 21st-century business organizations to identify oncoming disasters and act quickly to execute strategy in great ambiguity.
"The Titanic disaster is one of the most familiar stories there is; it has been called the greatest news story of modern times," writes Davis in her synopsis. "A century later, historians are still arguing about what could have been done to prevent the sinking of the 'unsinkable' ship and the drowning of more than 1,500 passengers and crew. The massive investigations that followed the event resulted in a host of new laws and safety improvements to ships, including better hull and rudder design, lifeboat requirements, better exit routes and radio communications laws. But while these technical and legal improvements undoubtedly saved lives in the years to come, they didn't address the catastrophe's fundamental cause: a failure in leadership."
"Leadership Failures Sink Unsinkable Ship: Business Lessons from the Titanic" takes a fresh look at the disaster, uncovers its true causes and provides practical advice business leaders can apply in today's workplace. To download a copy of the e-book, click here. Davis is available for comment about the e-book, and an infographic is also available upon request.
A veteran of Forum since 1989, Davis leads Forum's global research and development function. She is responsible for Forum's strategies regarding creating and leveraging intellectual property, which includes original research, learning programs and other core content. She is co-author of Forum's latest book, "Strategic Speed: Mobilize People, Accelerate Execution," and recipient of two Human Resource Executive Training Products Awards for sales and teaming courses.
InkHouse (on behalf of Forum)
SOURCE The Forum Corp.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict