|By Marketwired .||
|April 12, 2012 11:08 AM EDT||
SCHAUMBURG, IL -- (Marketwire) -- 04/12/12 -- Flexera Software, the leading provider of Application Usage Management solutions for application producers and enterprises, announced today the official unveiling of App Portal, the market-leading self-service enterprise app store recently acquired as part of Flexera Software's acquisition of SCCM Expert in February 2012. App Portal has been enhanced to integrate with System Center 2012 Configuration Manager, specifically its application management and user centric deployment capabilities.
"System Center 2012 Configuration Manager takes a user-centric approach to ensure applications are delivered to users when, where and how they need them, regardless of the platform or device they are using," said Sergio Klarreich, Director of Business Development, System Center Partner Ecosystem, Microsoft. "We are delighted that App Portal now supports Configuration Manager 2012 and is making the most of its capabilities to empower users to quickly access and download the approved enterprise applications they need to do their jobs. At the same time, this solution allows IT to maintain control."
"We are excited about the latest version of App Portal and its integration with System Center 2012 Configuration Manager," said Jonathan Hughes, Sr. Information Systems Analyst at Varian Medical Systems. "With this release Flexera Software is demonstrating its leadership position enabling user-centric computing by investing in App Portal and its tight alignment with critical enabling technologies. App Portal's ability to allow our help desk staff to deploy software on behalf of our users without granting access to Configuration Manager, itself, is a feature indispensable to our company's operations."
With the latest enhancements, App Portal now supports Microsoft System Center 2012 Configuration Manager's new application model, which defines policies and relationship rules to evaluate user identity, application dependencies, device type, and network connection in order to deliver the application in the most appropriate way. As a result, users will now only see a single catalog item for an application within the App Portal for download, rather than seeing multiple format versions (i.e. MSI, App-V, mobile apps) and having to figure out which version they need -- greatly improving the user experience. Moreover, App Portal will now automatically install dependent or related applications, further streamlining the download experience. Finally, through support of the new application model, App Portal reduces IT overhead and administration by automatically populating titles, descriptions, keywords and application categories -- previously a manual administrative task.
"Microsoft's new application model significantly advances user-centric computing by placing the user, and not the device, at the center of the universe," said John Juris, Director of Product Management at Flexera Software. "App Portal leverages the powerful new capabilities by extending those benefits to the enterprise app store, delivering a better self-service experience while still ensuring IT control."
The latest version of App Portal further supports user-centric deployment and reduces IT administration by allowing organizations to intelligently deploy applications to the proper device based on type and configuration. Previously, administrators would have needed to explicitly match the proper deployment type to the proper device. Moreover, now within App Portal users can associate and manage their devices, thereby reducing administrative overhead in enterprise environments and further empowering the end user. So, administrators no longer have to associate users with devices, or rely on frequency and duration of logins to determine users, which is not always accurate. Finally, if an application package was previously delivered to a user by App Portal and the user has been reimaged or migrated to a new device, System Center 2012 Configuration Manager will now automatically reinstall the latest version of the application, eliminating the need for the user or technician to re-request the application.
"A user-centric model places the user at the center of the equation and presumes that change is a constant," said Juris. "App Portal's support of the user-centric model accommodates this philosophy and has new built-in intelligence to automatically accommodate users' ever-changing requirements."
Integration with System Center 2012 Configuration Manager also enhances existing App Portal functionality, including its robust business approval workflow, software license management and enforcement, and license compliance and reclamation processes.
App Portal is part of Flexera Software's Application Readiness solution line that includes AdminStudio Suite, which powers an enterprise's Application Readiness process for desktop transformations, migrations to Windows 7, virtualization and day-to-day application packaging operations. In January, 2012 Flexera Software announced AdminStudio Suite support for System Center 2012 Configuration Manager.
Learn more about:
- Flexera Software AdminStudio Suite
- AdminStudio Virtualization Pack
- AdminStudio Application Compatibility Pack
- Workflow Manager
- App Portal
Follow Flexera Software...
About Flexera Software
Flexera Software is the leading provider of strategic solutions for Application Usage Management; solutions delivering continuous compliance, optimized usage and maximized value to application producers and their customers. Flexera Software is trusted by more than 80,000 customers that depend on our comprehensive solutions -- from installation and licensing, entitlement and compliance management to application readiness and enterprise license optimization -- to strategically manage application usage and achieve breakthrough results realized only through the systems-level approach we provide. For more information, please go to: www.flexerasoftware.com.
Copyright © 2012 Flexera Software LLC. All other brand and product names mentioned herein may be the trademarks and registered trademarks of their respective owners.
For more information, contact:
+1 (224) 465-9139
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict