|By PR Newswire||
|April 12, 2012 10:00 AM EDT||
CHICAGO, April 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Performics, the performance marketing firm owned by Publicis Groupe, released today findings from "S-Net: A Study on Social Media Usage & Behavior." The study of nearly 3,000 active U.S. social networkers highlights mothers as more versatile, present, active and engaged users of social networking sites, compared to other women.
According to the study, mothers are approximately 61% more likely than other women to own a smartphone. They are also more likely to be active on social networking sites; for example, they are 16% more likely to visit Facebook daily and 46% more likely to visit Google + daily. Additionally, they are 75% more likely than other women to trust information they receive from companies through social networking sites.
"Moms continue to take advantage of the little spare time they have by utilizing all the tools at their disposal. This includes their mobile devices and social networks," notes Daina Middleton, Global CEO of Performics. "Increasingly, as a segment of the social networking population, moms perception is their voice can be leveraged to influence, participate with, and promote brands."
The study shows that moms, more so than non-moms and the general public, trust brands on social sites and often look to that interaction as the primary point of contact. Given that mom bloggers, a sub category, control more than two trillion dollars worth of purchase power, this is a significant finding.
For example, they are 45% more likely to make a purchase as a result of a recommendation on a social networking site than other women. In fact, the top industries most affected by this behavior include:
- Apparel: Moms are 54% more likely to make an apparel purchase
- Automobile: Moms are 64% more likely to make an automobile purchase
- Travel: Moms are 46% more likely to make a travel purchase
The data also shows that moms actively champion their favorite companies and brands on social media. These "mombassadors" are more likely than other women to:
- Recommend companies/brands via social sites (34%)
- Discuss companies/brands on social sites after seeing an ad elsewhere (48%)
- Talk about companies/brands they follow on Facebook (24%)
- Link to a company/brand ad (23%)
- Post a company/brand ad (53%)
- Post interesting or relevant content about a company/brand (50%)
"Brands have an opportunity to motivate moms to participate through their social media properties," adds Middleton. "In this age of participation, moms expect a constructive, two-way relationship. To stay current, build loyalty and, in many cases, drive sales, brands must provide that meaningful connection with their customers."
For a summary of findings and accompanying infographic, visit Performics on slideshare:
Performics is the first global performance marketing firm partnering with marketers to make smart marketing decisions that improve ROI. Founded in 1998, our performance specialists are certified experts in search, affiliate & feeds, and social & display channels across all screens. Performics, headquartered in Chicago with presence in 16 countries and regional centres in London and Singapore, is part of Publicis Groupe—the world's third largest communications group and top global search spender. Participate with us at performics.com.
Director, Marketing Communications
E: [email protected]
T: +1 312 739 0257
F: +1 312 739 0223
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict