|By Jeremy Geelan||
|November 7, 2011 06:30 AM EST||
With Cloud Expo Silicon Valley (9th Cloud Expo) starting today Monday November 7 at the Santa Clara Convention Center, CA, let's introduce you in greater detail to the distinguished individuals in our incredible Speaker Faculty for the technical program at the conference...
We have technical and strategy sessions for you dealing with every nook and cranny of Cloud Computing, but what of those who are presenting? Who are they, where do they work, what else have they written and/or said about the Cloud that is transforming the world of Enterprise IT?
CLOUD EXPO SPEAKER NAME: Vincent DiMemmo
9TH CLOUD EXPO SESSION TITLE: From Data Center to Forklift - Case Study
SESSION DESCRIPTION: http://cloudcomputingexpo.com/event/session/1358
BRIEF BIOGRAPHY: Vince DiMemmo is General Manager, Global Cloud & IT Services Segment at Equinix. A technology services and marketing veteran and has a broad range of expertise in managed services, applications infrastructure, telecommunications, disaster recovery & business continuity, and data center infrastructure, DiMemmo is responsible for the strategy, planning, commercial development, and program implementation of the developing Cloud Infrastructure, SaaS, and IT Services markets at Equinix.
Prior to joining Equinix, he held various senior executive roles in marketing, product management, and business development at SAVVIS Inc., SunGard Data Systems, Global Crossing and One Equity Partners.
BLOG: InterConnections - The Official Equinix Blog
RECENT CLOUD COMPUTING QUOTE:
"Cloud needs to follow standard IT best practices, and end-users need to implement appropriate plans for their business. Service providers are showing great signs that they understand this as well, as we are seeing more innovation and options for the end-user to better use the cloud.
This will translate into more distribution of the service provider platforms, which will yield more service delivery zones, and more networking capabilities for end-users to access and integrate them. This will ultimately allow businesses to better plan for failure, recover faster, and ultimately have better control over their SLAs.
When we are not prepared for failure, there’s frequently some level of chaos. Whether that’s figuring out how to contain and correct the failure, or figuring our how to move your workloads and data from one service delivery zone to another or to perhaps to another cloud service provider. All at the same time everyone else is trying to do it. Planning for failure includes avoiding the chaos and having clear expectations that are based on planning and the implementation of best practices."
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict