|By Jeremy Geelan||
|November 9, 2011 08:30 AM EST||
With Cloud Expo Silicon Valley (9th Cloud Expo) in full swing at the Santa Clara Convention Center, CA, let's continue introducing you in greater detail to the distinguished individuals in our incredible Speaker Faculty for the technical program at the conference...starting with today's keynote speaker (Nov 9) Willie Tejada.
CLOUD EXPO SPEAKER NAME: Willie Tejada
COMPANY: Akamai Technologies
9TH CLOUD EXPO DAY 3 KEYNOTE TITLE: The Next Generation of Application Delivery – Making the Cloud Safe for Cloud Computing
SESSION DESCRIPTION: http://cloudcomputing.sys-con.com/node/2044866
BRIEF BIOGRAPHY: Willie M. Tejada is Senior Vice President & General Manager of the Enterprise Cloud Division at Akamai. He leads the Akamai team responsible for enabling enterprises to leverage the Internet and public cloud computing services for their business applications.
With more than 15 years of marketing, product management, and business development experience, Tejada joined Akamai in March 2007 as part of the Netli acquisition. His service at Akamai includes having led the rapid growth of the Application and Site Acceleration Business Units targeted at optimizing the delivery of sites and applications over the Internet and the launch of Akamai's security and mobile products.
A seasoned executive, he has held various senior management positions in both start-up and large enterprise companies including Novell Inc., the pioneer in local area networking. At Novell he led marketing, product management, developer and strategic relations organizations.An accomplished communicator and presenter, he is an inventor listed on US Patent 6,078,924, and also the author of Facilitating Competitive Intelligence: The Next Step in Internet-Based Research published in CRC Press' "Best Practices Series" in Internet Management.
RECENT CLOUD COMPUTING QUOTE:
"Cloud computing has gained momentum and is increasingly being embraced by enterprises of all sizes for application delivery. But the cloud itself is often its own worst enemy as performance, reliability, and the lack of enterprise level capabilities have led to obstacles in growth and adoption of this still promising infrastructure methodology. This is only exacerbated by an increasingly mobile and global world, one that is plagued with security concerns.
Akamai is helping solve the challenges you face in the cloud, and our Intelligent platform can help you leverage both public and hybrid cloud infrastructures without sacrificing security or control."
[From Cloud Expo session description]
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict