|By PR Newswire||
|September 26, 2011 09:30 AM EDT||
SEATTLE, Sept. 26, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Mozy®, the industry-leading online backup service from EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC), today announced improved features to its MozyPro® server backup service, making it faster and easier to back up business servers to its world-class data centers. Specifically, Mozy announced today a 100X improvement in file scanning capacity for larger data sets while introducing the Mozy Data Shuttle((TM)), a new service that transfers or "shuttles" an encrypted copy of big data sets from customers to Mozy's data centers. These enhancements are designed to enable SMBs and larger businesses to back up servers to Mozy's secure, off-site data centers without sacrificing time or performance associated with the initial backup of large file sets over the Internet. For more information, please visit http://mozy.com/pro/server.
The improvements to the MozyPro server backup offering start with speed - dramatically decreasing the time to complete the initial backup. With Mozy's improved file scanning capabilities, businesses with servers can now back up millions of files and move terabytes (TB) of data to the cloud faster than ever before by using the new Mozy Data Shuttle service (see below for more detail). After the initial backup, or "data seed," Mozy incrementally backs up only new or changed portions of files, reducing the time to backup and access the data.
Mozy's server backup also includes many features that make the service easy to use, including:
- Easy account management. Administrators can manage multiple desktops and servers from anywhere with the online Admin Console.
- Custom backup times and configurations. MozyPro can be set to back up automatically or to a customized schedule or configurations, including setting policies on bandwidth usage, backup speeds, or defining file types to be backed up.
- SQL, Exchange, SharePoint and network drive support. MozyPro backs up all open and locked files as well as common business applications running on Windows servers.
- Real-time data restores. Customers can restore a subset of their backup up files in real-time without having to wait for a full restore.
- Browse and search. With the Mozy web restore or MozyPro client, Mozy quickly finds files from a backup set, and then allows the user to download them to any machine.
With the addition of the Mozy Data Shuttle service, Mozy is raising its high standards for security - unmatched in the online backup industry. Prior to shuttling server data to its world-class data centers, the MozyPro software double-encrypts the dataset with a Mozy-generated key or a personal key, and a one-time-use Data Shuttle key (for added security). After data ingestion at its data centers, Mozy wipes the device according to military-grade encryption standards. In addition, Mozy is ISO 27001 certified and SAS 70 Type II audited. These security standards demonstrate the level of protection that businesses receive with Mozy's backup services, further setting apart the company from other online backup vendors.
The Mozy Data Shuttle
The Mozy Data Shuttle service solves an important problem for businesses - and SMBs in particular - who desire affordable, automatic off-site backup but who cannot wait weeks for the initial backup: it provides an easy, fast and secure vehicle for businesses to back up terabytes of data and millions of files - with the initial upload happening via a Mozy-provided Iomega® 2 terabyte hard drive. Designed specifically for MozyPro customers backing up servers whose initial upload exceeds 100 gigabytes (GB) of data, Mozy Data Shuttle is a door-to-door service, with the device sent to the customer, then directly to Mozy - via pre-paid overnight shipping - for ingestion. This allows the customer to skip the initial upload over the Internet, decreasing the time dramatically from weeks to days. The Mozy Data Shuttle is available from MozyPro resellers and Mozy.
"As one of the fastest-growing managed service providers in the country, our customers' servers often have over a terabyte of data," said Larry Velez, CTO of Sinu (www.sinu.com). "Historically we've found that once a server reaches 1 TB of data, initial backups often become time consuming. Mozy Data Shuttle significantly reduces the time for our initial backups. It's a simple, secure three-step process and we're pleased that it can keep pace with the growing needs of our customers and our business."
"The improvements we've made to our server offering are a natural progression of our moving upmarket, and also are in response to suggestions we've received from our customers, channel partners and resellers," said Russ Stockdale, General Manager of Mozy. "Our goal for MozyPro has always been to make it faster, easier and more secure for businesses and those who resell our services to businesses. That's why we have prioritized making these enhancements."
"One of the barriers to online backup services is the initial 'seeding' of the customer's data to the service provider's cloud," said David A. Chapa, Sr. Analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group, Inc. (www.esg-global.com). "What Mozy has done for customers is create a new and faster way to on-ramp its data to cloud backup through Mozy's Data Shuttle. With this new advancement, not only can the data be seeded more quickly, but also Mozy addresses another concern for customers during the seeding process - security, by ensuring the large data sets being shuttled are encrypted in-flight."
Pricing and Availability
The improved features of MozyPro for servers are currently available in the U.S. and are planned to be available in Europe in Q4 2011. Customers can order MozyPro online backup for computers and servers by visiting mozypro.com or by calling 877-669-9776. Mozy Data Shuttle is also available now in the U.S. and is planned to be available in Europe in Q1 2012. Costs for Mozy Data Shuttle vary with the amount of data being shuttled.
Mozy is the world's most trusted online backup service for consumers and businesses, with more than three million customers, 70,000 business users and 70 petabytes of information stored at its multiple data centers around the globe. Mozy was acquired by EMC Corporation in 2007 and operates as part of Decho Corporation, an EMC company. More information can be found at www.mozy.com.
Mozy and MozyPro are registered trademarks and Mozy Data Shuttle is a trademark of Decho Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE EMC Corporation
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict