|By Jeremy Geelan||
|June 5, 2012 02:30 AM EDT||
With Cloud Expo 2012 New York (10th Cloud Expo) now just one week away, what better time to remind you in greater detail of the distinguished individuals in our incredible Speaker Faculty for the technical and strategy sessions at the conference...
We have technical and strategy sessions for you every day from June 11 through June 14 dealing with every nook and cranny of Cloud Computing and Big Data, but what of those who are presenting? Who are they, where do they work, what else have they written and/or said about the Cloud that is transforming the world of Enterprise IT, side by side with the exploding use of enterprise Big Data – processed in the Cloud – to drive value for businesses...?
CLOUD EXPO SPEAKER NAME: Mårten Mickos
COMPANY: Eucalyptus Systems
10TH CLOUD EXPO SESSION TITLE: Clouds Are All About APIs
SESSION DESCRIPTION: http://cloudcomputing.sys-con.com/node/2164553
BRIEF BIOGRAPHY: Mårten Mickos is CEO of Eucalyptus Systems. From 2001-8 he was CEO of MySQL AB, which was then bought by Sun. In September 2009 he become Entrepreneur in Residence at Benchmark Capital. He joined Eucalyptus as CEO in March 2010. According to no less an authority than BusinessWeek, Mickos "has a track record of building global disruptive businesses."
BLOG: Frequent contributor to Eucalyptus Systems Blog
RECENT CLOUD COMPUTING QUOTE:
"Known worldwide as cloud pioneers from our times as an advanced research project at UC Santa Barbara, we [came out in August 2011] with an industry first: a private cloud platform with built-in High Availability.
In the last year we have seen over 25,000 Eucalyptus clouds start up all over the world. More and more companies with unpredictable and variable workloads are seeing the benefits of computational elasticity. Consumers are fickle, and if your website or mobile app isn't up to the load, you lose customers. PUMA, Wetpaint, Plinga and USDA are examples of organizations running massive production workloads on Eucalyptus.
Eucalyptus is known in the trade as a serious and robust piece of software. What runs on Eucalyptus runs well."
[from the Eucalyptus Systems company blog]
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict