|By Jeremy Geelan||
|September 15, 2010 07:00 AM EDT||
In an announcement made Tuesday at the company HQ of Twitter by its Co-Founder & CEO, Evan Williams (@ev), who bought one of the world's most famous domains for just $7,500, Twitter unveiled a new "faster, better" look.
But first the co-founder and CEO Williams gave some background.
Twitter - especially mobile Tweeting - was "too difficult," Williams said. Which is why Twitter developed its own mobile apps, so that now 16% of new Twitter users start using Twitter via their mobile devices.
Twitter, in Williams' vision - shared by his co-founder Biz Stone (@biz) - is an information network. Ever since he left Blogger eleven years ago he has been trying to make information easier to share, Williams said.
In a somewhat meandering presentation, marred by slides that wouldn't work and awkward silences, Williams initially spent a great deal of time explaining, to people who already knew, what Twitter is.
"Ten years ago it was very important to make it easier to publish [on the Web]", Stone said. But now the problem, he added, has moved toward helping people find what is relevant to them, amid the vastness of all those Tweets.
Enter Google? Nope: the day's announcement was all about speed and discovery and User eXperience (UX). "This is one of the best Web apps you have ever seen,"Williams said, and asked the Web client team to accept a round of applause.
View Twitter's "NewTwitter" video here: http://twitter.com/newtwitter.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict