|By Marketwired .||
|March 23, 2010 06:11 AM EDT||
CHICAGO, IL and LAS VEGAS, NV -- (Marketwire) -- 03/23/10 -- Open Kernel Labs (OK Labs), the leading global provider of embedded virtualization software for mobile phones and broadband Internet devices, today announced plans to demonstrate Google Android-based secure VoIP at International CTIA 2010 in Las Vegas. The demonstration, "Mobile Virtualization: Security Delivered," showcases the OKL4 Microvisor in a real-world application developed and integrated by a global Tier I handset manufacturer.
Demonstration -- Mobile Virtualization: Security Delivered
OK Labs will demonstrate the OKL4 Microvisor at CTIA and MobileFocus in Las Vegas, March 23-25. The demonstration highlights a customer-developed application, supporting secure VoIP calling on Android-based handsets. By isolating a VoIP client in its own secure cell (virtual machine), handsets deploying OKL4 guarantee secure calling. Should Android fall victim to malware, OKL4 helps protect secure services from compromise by those exploits. OK Labs will also demonstrate Mobile-to-Enterprise virtualization with Citrix, enabling smartphone-based enterprise desktop access on the "nirvana phone."
"OEMs and MNOs look to Android as a low-cost, interoperable and increasingly ubiquitous mobile applications platform," notes Steve Subar, President and CEO, OK Labs. "OKL4 4.0 lets the ecosystem realize the full potential of Android, offering performance, interoperability and security in mass market handsets."
OKL4: First to Market, First to Volume -- 500 Million Units Deployed to Date
OKL4 is the world's most ubiquitous mobile virtualization solution, shipping in more than 500 million handsets from leading global manufacturers, and is the first embedded virtualization platform with full multicore CPU support.
The OKL4 Microvisor supports a wide range of mobile CPUs and SoCs from Qualcomm, ST-Ericsson, and TI, and features off-the-shelf integration of leading mobile OSes including Android, Linux, and Symbian. Its patent-pending performance enhancements make it ideal to power next-generation mobile devices, including multi-OS smartphones and featurephones, and provide secure and ubiquitous connectivity between mobile workers and business-critical enterprise assets. OKL4 Microvisor support for single-core and multicore mobile processors helps OEMs deliver cost-effective multi-OS devices today and provides a seamless path for deploying on advanced multicore hardware in next-generation designs.
Open Kernel Labs
OK Labs is the global leader in virtualization software for mobile devices, consumer electronics, and embedded systems. Backed by the largest independent team of microkernel developers, OKL4 is deployed on more than 500 million mobile phones worldwide. Device OEMs, semiconductor suppliers, and mobile network operators depend on OK Labs to deliver high performance solutions that decrease BOM cost, reduce complexity, and speed time-to-market.
For information on the OK Community, please visit the Community Portal at http://www.ok-labs.com/community/community-portal. Participants can join the Developer Mailing List at http://www.ok-labs.com/community/mailing-list-signup.
Open Kernel Labs, OK Labs, and Secure HyperCell Technology are trademarks or registered trademarks of Open Kernel Labs or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict