|By Liz McMillan||
|January 13, 2010 03:15 PM EST||
Cloudcel on Ulitzer offers articles on the Cloudcel platform. Cloudcel enables the world's Excel users to simply and seamlessly exploit the full power of realtime, highly parallel cloud computing to process realtime and historical data of all kinds.
At the recent Hadoop World conference, Doug Cutting, Hadoop Project Founder, remarked that "The Dream" was to provide non-programmers with the power of parallel cloud computing tools such as MapReduce and Hadoop, via simple, easy-to-use spreadsheet-like interfaces.
With Cloudcel, the non-programmers of the world (and the programmers too!) can "live that dream" today.
Not only can you develop and launch massively parallel MapReduce/Hadoop-style cloud computations, simply and seamlessly from within the standard Excel interface, you can also go way beyond tools such as Elastic MapReduce and Hadoop, developing and launching live, continuous, realtime stream processing applications in the cloud, from that same Excel interface.
So if you already have Excel, and also have growing volumes of data you need to handle, your next steps in 2010 are to Go Cloud and Go Parallel.
You'll be surprised how easy it is to get started, and amazed by how powerful it is, as soon as you begin exploiting the elastic scalability of the cloud.
Bill McColl is Founder and CEO, Cloudscale Inc. - which is developing a massively parallel cloud-based platform for continuous real-time intelligence on live data streams.
In 2006, he left Oxford University Computing Laboratory where for over twenty years he had been head of research in parallel computing and scalable systems.
At the time of his departure, he was Professor of Computer Science and Chairman of the Faculty of Computer Science. McColl has published and lectured extensively on the design, analysis and implementation of massively parallel algorithms and systems.
He established and led Oxford Parallel, a major center for research on industrial and business applications of parallel computing at the university. He was also founder and CEO of Sychron Inc., a Silicon Valley VC-backed software company developing massively parallel system software for datacenter and desktop virtualization. Cloudscale Inc.is his second Silicon Valley company.
Ulitzer is the first "new-media" platform in the world that revolutionizes how we will create, deliver, and consume content on the Web.
Ulitzer authors can get started with their first article in a few minutes and may start a new "topic" on any subject or write a story and post it both to their Ulitzer author page and to any existing Ulitzer topic.
The network effect of people using Ulitzer to communicate and collaboratively produce and categorize content is disruptive, bypassing traditional media and middlemen.
Topics published on Ulitzer range from Greek Isles in the Summer to New-Media via Personal Branding and Marketing & Sales.
Ulitzer, Inc. owns more than 400 established and well-known content websites including www.sys-con.com.
Detailed information on how to become a Ulitzer author can be obtained here.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict