|By Jeremy Geelan||
|January 27, 2010 08:15 AM EST||
GovIT at Cloud Expo
Jill Tummler Singer has been appointed to serve as the Chief Information Officer (CIO) for the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO), effective 1 January 2010. Ms. Singer previously served as the Deputy CIO (DCIO) at the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), in which capacity gave the keynote address at SYS-CON's 1st Government IT Conference & Expo (www.GovITExpo.com).
As NRO’s CIO, Ms. Singer will be responsible for ensuring the NRO Information and Information Technology Enterprise is provisioned in an effective and efficient manner. She will also be more engaged in external activities, to include serving on the Intelligence Community (IC) CIO council, fulfilling her duties as an Information Sharing Executive, and serving as the Privacy Officer.
As CIA’s DCIO, Ms. Singer’s primary responsibilities centered on leading Enterprise Information Technology initiatives, implementing strategies through strong IT governance structures, and managing several office and staff organizations. She encouraged significant participation from mission partners to set priorities and make resource allocation decisions using collaborative, accountable, and transparent approaches.
Jill Tummler Singer speaking at 4th Cloud Expo in Santa Clara, CA - November, 2009.
Al Tarasiuk, the CIA’s CIO, has called Jill one of the brightest people he’s ever worked with. “She’s an innovative leader who cares deeply about our National Security mission. Together, we built a strong Enterprise IT program at CIA – one that can serve as an example for other government agencies to model.”
Ms. Singer recently spoke on cloud computing at SYS-CON's 1st Annual GovIT Expo and at the 4th International Cloud Expo, also produced by SYS-CON. She believes that the cloud will provide a “faster, better, cheaper, and safer” Information Technology solution for the IC. There are shared beliefs among those in the cloud computing community that 2010 will be a break-out year for clouds - and for enterprise cloud computing, in particular. The IC is actively piloting an Enterprise cloud that will meet its unique mission and security requirements.
Ms. Singer is looking forward to her new role and the New Year. She plans to stay connected with the cloud community and can be contacted via her Ulitzer.com blog: jillsinger.ulitzer.com/
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict