|By Fuat Kircaali||
|October 1, 2009 09:30 AM EDT||
Thirty-six hours later we still have three stories filed from Manila on Ulitzer's home page. Top Ulitzer stories on Ulitzer from around the 25 distinct subject categories it covers are processed every 60 minutes and displayed by an algorithm which we believe is more sophisticated than, say, Google News algorithms.
Early this year, seasoned news man Roger Strukhoff, whose family owned and published their town newspaper in Wisconsin, launched the Ulitzer topic Philippines Online Journal. Strukhoff logged close to three million Ulitzer page views with his articles.
Inday Vinas is a struggling young writer who grew up in a very poor area of the Philippines. She started a blog this year to tell people about her story. She then syndicated her blog on Ulitzer and saw immediate traffic increase by 20 times within a couple of days.
Inday's two stories about the recent typhoon in Manila had thousands of readers overnight on Ulitzer. She received notes of concern from people who were worried about her relatives. She's been able to provide helpful information to people who have family in her neighborhood and had no other way of contacting them or knowing whether they were okay.
"I love all the great readers who have found my blog with Ulitzer this year," she said. "But now I've been able to really help people. So many people found my stories about the typhoon because of Ulitzer, and I really thank you for that!"
This is another timely story which demonstrates what Ulitzer was designed to accomplish, similar to a blog entry by Robert Demmer (From Tehran to You Live on Ulitzer: The Wind of Change is Blowing; A First Hand Observations From the Streets of Tehran) not too long ago. To date, this is still the most-read story on his author page.
From Inday's blog new post, here are places you can go to help:
www.philippineaid.org - I mentioned this one before.
www.inquirer.net - This is a newspaper website. They have a lot of information about the Ondoy Relief Drive.
www.redcross.org.ph - Yes, they are very active here just like in the US and other places.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict