|By Virtualization News||
|September 2, 2009 11:15 AM EDT||
After winning cross-industry adoption including financial services, healthcare, education, manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, telecoms and the public sector, VMware View - with more than 1 million seats estimated across 7,000 customers - is establishing itself as the standard of choice to centralize desktop management. That, anyway, is the claim of Jocelyn Goldfein, vice president and general manager of the desktop business unit for VMware (pictured below).
"The first wave of virtual desktop adoption came from customers driven to address security and compliance requirements, followed by a second wave focused on TCO," Goldfein explained as VMworld got going for its third day.
"The next wave of adoption," she continued, "is being driven by the shift from device- to user-centric computing -- where users have freedom of access to their applications and data from any device and location and IT can deliver desktops as a managed service. VMware View is leading the way to user-centric computing and we look forward to providing its benefits to our current and future customers."Built on VMware's industry leading virtualization platform, VMware View allows customers to standardize on a common platform from the desktop through the datacenter to the cloud, Goldfein noted - including desktops managed in the cloud.
"Organizations are accelerating large scale deployments across broader use cases as they may realize strong total cost of ownership (TCO) savings of $600 or more per end user in less than six months," said VMware in an announcement this morning.
Jocelyn Goldfein leads VMware’s desktop business unit. She is responsible for the company’s vClient initiative, which is comprised of desktop products including VMware View, VMware ThinApp, VMware Workstation and VMware Fusion. Since joining VMware in 2003, she has played a pivotal role in scaling the product organization and launching new products for VMware.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict