|By Maureen O'Gara||
|August 27, 2009 06:45 AM EDT||
Appirio Tuesday launched a cloud-based professional service automation (PSA) solution on Salesforce.com’s Force.com platform.
Called simply Professional Services Enterprise, it’s supposed to be designed for the most sophisticated professional service organizations, delivering end-to-end support for managing people, projects, customers and transactions.
Appirio claims that the widgetry is different from other solutions in supporting a services business end-to-end, bridging the gap between how projects are sold and how they are delivered. And then of course there are the cloud’s TCO advantages.
It says it can help you make your numbers: As the quarter closes in, services executives can identify a project that has been booked but not scheduled, and assign resources to accelerate the project’s delivery to meet the quarter’s sales goals.
It also says it can help put the right people on the right projects: A practice manager working on closing a big deal can make a tentative resource request for highly sought-after individuals with certain skills level while the deal is still in the pipeline as well as help improve utilization and stay on budget.
The company got IDC to say that “Traditional enterprise apps fall short of the mark for project-based businesses; many times meeting less than 50% of the business requirements” so the time is ripe for a cloud solution tailored to large 1,000-man professional service organizations.
Pricing starts at $45 a user a month for organizations with more than 100 users.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict