|By Ian Thain||
|June 16, 2009 10:00 AM EDT||
We now have just 6 days until the start of SYS-CON's iPhone Developer Summit in New York's Roosevelt Hotel. During the now two-day event, there will be nine presenters as well as exhibitors such as Sybase.
Now for the next two presenters on my list:
Combining REST and Context for Killer iPhone Apps - Jason Christensen - Proprietor, jasonc411.com
With the advent of the multimodal nature of iPhone, it's possible to be connected anywhere and everywhere. But did you know that it's possible for your iPhone to provide context to RESTFUL web services to create the next generation of killer applications. We will look at using web services, cloud computing, and the sensors on the iPhone to create applications that exceed what could previously be done on mobile devices. With this architecture, the sky is truly the limit on the capabilities you can provide to the users of your application. We will create an application that can use RESTFUL web services in combination with the GPS sensor on the iPhone to create a context-aware chat client.
Jason Christensen has over 15 years of industry experience providing technical direction in some of the world's largest companies. He regularly speaks at conferences regarding the use of advanced technology, and has worked as a technologist, lead-architect, and developer on high-profile, cutting edge projects throughout his career. He has been working on mobile, and mobile context-aware computing threads since 2004 and has developed on J2ME, Maemo, and iPhone platforms.
From the Trenches: Key Lessons from Enterprise iPhone - Joe Pezzillo - Founder, Metafy LLC
Having spent the last 9 months developing iPhone apps for a Fortune 100 financial services company, Joe Pezzillo will present several key lessons learned, from both technical and project management perspectives.
Joe Pezzillo is the founder of Metafy LLC, a Boulder, Colorado based software boutique currently developing a suite of prototype iPhone applications for a Fortune 100 financial services company. In addition to pioneering work in internet radio and managing several startups, Joe spent three years as a researcher at the Apple Electronic Media Lab in the mid 90s.
Check out the iPhone Developer Summit website here.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict